University of Oxford
11a Mansfield Rd
The expertise I bring are inherently interdisciplinary. I have an MSc degree in Biodiversity and Conservation from the University of Exeter, where I developed a project in collaboration with Madras Crocodile Bank Trust to explore opportunities and barriers for the adoption of snakebite prevention in bite risk areas of Tamil Nadu to enhance human-snake coexistence. I also hold an BSc degree in Management and Finance from the University of York, which led to previous roles in Investment Banking at Goldman Sachs and Management Consulting for North Highland.
Expedition and conservation experiences have shaped my research motivation. A passion for conserving venomous snakes led to extensive travel and exploration across the tropics, where I witnessed first-hand the anthropogenic pressures on wildlife and the urgent need for people to benefit meaningfully from conservation. These experiences inspired me to undertake my DPhil with ICCS and WildCRU to utilise my interdisciplinary background for the purposes of broader human-wildlife coexistence.
In addition to my DPhil, I also hold an Associate position at the University of Exeter’s Centre for Ecology and Conservation (CEC), term membership at the Explorers Club and Co-Director of Research position at the Thousand Year Trust on Cabilla Manor, Cornwall.
Human-wildlife coexistence, human-wildlife conflict, social-ecological systems, green financing, biodiversity credits, interdisciplinary research methods.
My DPhil explores the impacts of green financing mechanisms on revenue generated, local attitudes and behaviour towards wildlife alongside conservation outcomes for Lions in the central Laikipia Rangelands of Kenya. I am working with local collaborators in Natural State and Lion Landscapes to conduct both ecological and social conservation studies on the impact of biodiversity credits in shared landscapes.
DPhil Biology | University of Oxford
October 2023 – Current
MSc Biodiversity & Conservation | University of Exeter
September 2021 – September 2022
- First class honours with Distinction
- Received the Dean’s Commendation for outstanding academic achievement
BSc Management | University of York
September 2015 – August 2019
- Final grade: 77 (First class honours with Distinction)
- Received the highest average mark in the Business School
Thousand Year Trust | Co-Director of Research
May 2023 – Current
- Designing research to support the Thousand Year Trust’s ambition to triple the amount of Atlantic temperate rainforest growing across the UK over the next 30 years.
Associate | Centre of Ecology and Conservation, University of Exeter
September 2022 – Current
- Interdisciplinary research methods in conservation science
North Highland | Management Consultant
September 2019 – July 2021
- Acting Head of Delivery, for the Department for International Trade’s (DIT) technology function, managing 40+ civil servants and contractors.
- Project managed the delivery of secure video teleconferencing for DITs free trade negotiations with Japan, Australia, New Zealand and the United States of America.
Goldman Sachs | Investment Management Division
June 2017 – June 2018
- Chaired operations for regionally focused sales team within Private Wealth Management.
First paper is currently in review with Conservation Science and Practice ‘Venomous snakebites: exploring social barriers and opportunities for the adoption of prevention measures’