University of Oxford
11a Mansfield Rd
I previously worked as an Associate Programme Officer at the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC), as part of the Nature Economy team. I assisted in the development and implementation of new and existing projects focused on improved biodiversity management by the public and private sectors. I worked on a variety of projects, including: the Trade, Development and the Environment Hub; the Land Use Finance Programme, working to change the business case for action on biodiversity loss by addressing unsustainable short-term financial behaviours which incentivise the depletion of natural capital; the We Value Nature campaign, developing training modules to help businesses integrate the value of biodiversity into decision making.
Prior to this, I completed a postgraduate degree in Biodiversity, Conservation and Management at the University of Oxford, and an undergraduate degree in Sociology at the University of Liverpool. Alongside my academic and professional interests, I am also a qualified yoga teacher, and love to spend my free time hiking and exploring in nature.
I am currently working on a research Sprint under the AGILE Initiative: a project that looks to provide rapid evidence-based solutions to the needs of environmental policymakers.Operationalising Treasury Green Book Guidance on biodiversity
The Sprint focuses on three interlinked issues:
1. How to robustly measure the biodiversity impacts, positive and negative, of business and governmental investments.
2. How to reconcile commitments to invest in biodiversity improvement with the economic and social welfare of people most affected by these investments.
3. How to deliver sustained, socially just, landscape-scale planning that supports biodiversity. Answering these questions is critical for UK government strategy, and for meeting international biodiversity targets and aspirations.
- MSc Biodiversity, Conservation and Management, University of Oxford (October 2019-October 2020)
- BA (Hons) Sociology, University of Liverpool (September 2016-July 2019)
- UN Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC) Associate Programme Officer in Nature Economy, Cambridge (May 2021-June 2022)
- Mars Incorporated, Global Talent Project Specialist, Remote working (December 2020-April 2021)
- Apres Shower Dryers Ltd (now iDry), Freelance Consultant on environmental impact, Remote working (November 2020-December 2020)
- UNFCCC COP 25, University of Oxford Delegate, Madrid (December 2019)
- National Youth Advocacy Service, Researcher, Birkenhead (September 2018-May 2019)