International Conservation and Sustainability: The role of UK Higher Education
ICCS is pleased to announce a panel discussion where a high profile panel will debate how the UK's highter education institutions can support the CBD's post 2020 biodiversity goals
Overall Event Chair: Theo Clarke. Co-chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on International Conservation,
Introductory statement: Professor Richard Davies. Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Global. Newcastle University.
Introduction to the panel session: Theo Clarke
End-user panel (Chaired by Prof E.J. Milner-Gulland; Tasso Leventis Professor of Biodiversity, University of Oxford and CASCADE lead) (30 mins):
- Emily McKenzie. Head of Evidence and Policy, Dasgupta Review on Economics of Biodiversity at HM Treasury.
- Jyoti Mathur-Filipp. Director, Implementation Support Division, CBD Secretariat
- Maxwell Gomera. Director, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, UN Environment Rwanda.
- Sai Tampi. Global Head of Fund Selection, Wealth and Personal Banking. HSBC
- Vinod Mathur. Chair, National Biodiversity Authority, India.
Academic panel (Chaired by Mike Barrett, Executive Director of Conservation and Science, WWF-UK) (30 mins):
- Professor Christina Hicks. Lancaster Environment Centre, Lancaster University and CASCADE
- Dr Colin Clubbe. Head of Conservation Science, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, and CASCADE
- Professor Jean-Paul Metzger. Professor, Department of Ecology, University of São Paulo.
- Professor Yaa Ntiamoa-Baidu. Professor of Zoology, University of Ghana. Founder and Chair, Centre for African Wetlands.
Questions from the floor : Chaired by Theo Clarke
Concluding remarks : Theo Clarke